Mickey Guyton will release a new six-song EP, Bridges, on Sept. 11.
Mickey co-penned every song on the upcoming EP, which also features songwriters Karen Kosowski, Hillary Lindsey, Jesse Frasure, Nathan Chapman and Victoria Banks. The EP includes recent releases “Black Like Me” and “What Are You Gonna Tell Her?” as well as current single, “Heaven Down Here.”
“Two years ago, this project didn’t feel like it was even a possibility,” says Mickey. “This EP proves that in your darkest moments, you can have your biggest breakthroughs. I think back to all of the obstacles in my life and career, including writing and recording most of this EP in quarantine during a time of social unrest, and how it has all led to the birth of this beautiful project. I hope these songs provide others with the same happiness and strength they have provided me in these uncertain times.”
In August, Mickey and husband Grant Savoy announced they are expecting their first child.
Listen to “Heaven Down Here,” which Mickey penned with Gordie Sampson, Josh Kear and Hillary Lindsey.
Bridges Track List & Songwriters
- “Heaven Down Here” (Mickey Guyton, Gordie Sampson, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
- “Bridges” (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee)
- “What Are You Gonna Tell Her?” (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee)
- “Rosé” (Mickey Guyton, Victoria Banks, Karen Kosowski)
- “Salt” (Mickey Guyton, Jesse Frasure, Carly Barlowe, Steven Lee Olsen)
- “Black Like Me” (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Fraser Churchill, Emma Davidson-Dillon)
photo by Arroyo/O’Connor, AFF-USA.com